I opened up a new blog about investments , and I wanted it to be in Hebrew. Problem is , WordPress is basically for ltr languages - and if you install the rtl version , you’ll get everything backwards.
So I had no choice but to have 2 different WP installations on the same hosting service (I really didn’t want to buy a new domain). The solution is fairly simple :
Install a new WP installation on a subdomain (www.yossale.com/finance , in my case) , and then do the following:
- Download the Hebrew version of WP (or your own localized version of WP)
- Unzip it
- Upload the wp-content/languages folder (with all it’s content) from your computer to the same path on your host (usually www/YourSubDomain/wp-content)
- In your wp-config.php file :
- Locate the line <pre class="brush:php">define (‘WPLANG’, ); ```
Add your language identifier (“he-IL” , in my case) to the line - so you get*
define ('WPLANG', "he-IL"); ``` </em>* ** *** **</li> </ol> ** **</li>
* Refresh ** **** **** **</ol>
and you’re done!
You now have 2 different installations of WP - one in English , and the other in Hebrew